Avatar EOD Robot
A New Tool for EOD and BOMB TEAMS
RoboteX is proud to announce the Avatar EOD Robot – featuring compatibility with the CarbonFire 10 PAN Disrupter*!
Built on the same foundation as the widely used, industry-standard Avatar Tactical Robot, the Avatar EOD Robot features an extendable, five-axis robotic manipulator arm and compatibility with a remote Percussion-Actuated Nonelectric (PAN) disrupter – giving EOD teams a host of new tactical and bomb disposal capabilities.
Specifically, the robot integrates with the CarbonFire 10 PAN Disrupter, a market-leading laser sight and disrupter designed by the Concept Development Corporation. The CarbonFire 10 mounts easily onto an AVATAR® Manipulator Arm, allowing the user to aim and fire the disrupter from a safe distance. In addition, the Avatar EOD Robot features all of the same tactical capabilities and benefits as the Avatar Tactical Robot, including high-quality video, push-to-talk audio, stair climbing ability, dual IR and LED lights, and a rugged drop-resistant chassis.
The Avatar EOD Robot fills both general support and direct support capabilities. It can contribute to the following scenarios:
- Maritime ship boarding and small craft responses now have a small, fully functional Counter IED platform that expands on-site technician’s tool box with remote tools.
- Dismount Operations can benefit from a robot that weighs under 45 pounds and is back-packable and disrupter capable. The robot’s all terrain durability and small size (easily small enough to fit in any helicopter or ATV) allow for maximum flexibility.
- Special Event/Large Venue responses also benefit from the robot’s back-packable, portable nature, as it can fit in a Polaris or golf cart and can be carried with mini QRF teams. The robot adds remote capability without a large response truck.
- CarbonFire 10 PAN disrupter mounts easily onto AVATAR® Manipulator Arm using only a few bolts
- Allows EOD and Bomb Tech Teams to safely engage suspicious packages from a distance using a remote controlled robot system
- Easily climbs stairs with optional high angle stabilizer bars
- Enables enhanced visibility of dangerous objects with robot’s built-in cameras
- Remote/stand-off activation of the CarbonFire 10 unit possible with a variety of initiator systems.
Click on images to enlarge.
*CarbonFire 10 is sold and manufactured by Concept Development and must be purchased separately.